Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Another flight price error booked & honored, Toronto-Paris round-trip for $300 CAD/person

Friday Sep 18
AirCanada.com had a price error of missing the carrier surcharge (about $450/ticket) to their Europe destinations

It started about 1 pm, ended around 2 pm (lasted only 1 hour and so), but I managed to book YYZ-CDG round-trip, $1000 CAD for 4 of us, for March 2016 (it'll be 6-11C in Paris, oh well)
By the time I try to book for May 2016 ($50 extra per person), AC already fixed the error, but they came out same day on Twitter to say they'll honor the tickets

I can't believe it still happens, but this is price error #4 for us in the last 2 years already!!!
I don't need to plan any trips ahead now (besides the annual summer back to Taiwan), I'll just let price errors dictate where we will go in future. I need more vacation days!!

None of these destinations below were on my soon-to-visit lists, but I am glad to have visited Italy (loved it), Seoul (so-so), Turkey (so-so), Dubai, and finally, Paris!!!

2014

  • Wideroe - NYC-Milan Italy $300/person
  • Delta - YYZ-ICN $500/person, booked for 2015 April
  • Aeroplan stopover error - YYZ-IST in Business for 50K miles/person instead of 105K, for 2015 May
  • Etihad JFK-AUH $200/person, booked for 2015 Nov


2015

  • Air Canada - YYZ-CDG $300/person, booked for 2016


No comments:

Post a Comment